Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thursday Inspiration: Menswear


While I'm all for girly, vintage looks there is a part of me which is absolutely enamored with menswear and androgyny from decades past. There is something so incredibly cool and confident in the way these women looked. They have an easiness about them, an attitude that they know exactly what they are doing. Here are some of my favorite images of women in suits. 











I had to throw in a couple of skirted looks as well, you know :)



God Bless,
KJA

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

6 comments:

Keit said...

I simply looove masculine style! And I adore the images you picked ^_^ Wonderful inspiration!
I'd love to try something more manly with my outfits some time :D

Unknown said...

I love masculine style on other but I don't think I could pull it off myself! Katharine Hepburn is a dream, she is one of my favorite Old Hollywood actresses!
Amia

Savvy Spinster Vintage said...

Vintage menswear-inspired outfits are the best! I love that you included a picture of Katharine Hepburn. She was the ultimate at mixing the masculine and feminine- so stylish!
-Melissa

The Dragonfruit said...

Ah man, I think menswear is a difficult look to pull off, but I do like it when paired with a skirt! Haha, but that's just my own preference.
Thanks for the amazing comment on my last post, I'm curious as to how your sister traveled (like what organization she went through and what not)? That would be amazing!

The Dragonfruit Diaries

Kristian said...

I love menswear/menswear inspired so much! Such a lovely post as a pick-me up!

Kate said...

Great inspiration photos!! I love menswear inspired looks. It's a look that's really not too hard to pull off, as long as you add at least one feminine element (hair, a waist belt, etc). My go-to look for days when I want to be put-together but comfy is always a men's cardigan, button-up shirt, and tie :)