Monday, March 24, 2014

Outfit: Yellow and Gray


Oh, hello there! Did you all have a nice weekend? Mine was mostly spent lesson planning and baking my little heart out. On Saturdays we like to make special meals that take a bit more work because we never have time during the week.
I wore this a couple of weekends ago. I had driven to my hometown and this was such a comfy outfit for moseying around in. As much as I love true vintage pieces, new and vintage-inspired clothing is so nice to have for traveling and such. The top is a piece I stole from my sister, and the jacket is something I found at a local rummage sale. It is surprising how many good things one can find at rummage sales. Sometimes you find treasures for less than a thrift store because people just want to get rid of their stuff-and then you get a steal! I'm looking forward to perusing them this coming spring and summer.


My mama took these pictures of me! Thanks mama! She did a pretty great job I think :)


Have a great Monday!
God Bless,
KJA

1 Corinthians 1:26
 Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.



Wearing:
Coat- Rummage Sale
Top- From my sister
Jeans- Kohl's
Loafers- Thrifted

7 comments:

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

That coat is so darling!! It looks so cute with the floral top too! Very lovely my dear!

Jennifer Rainey said...

What an adorable outfit! I love that coat. And I totally agree with you about having vintage-inspired/repro for traveling. I get so nervous taking actual vintage on a trip; it's nice to still be able to dress like yourself when you travel but not have to constantly fret about losing or ruining a treasured vintage piece.

Cheers,
Jenny

Cathy said...

I love your coat! How cool that you found nice clothing at the rummage sale. I always find tea cups and baskets. Grrr. Love the whole outfit!

Midwest Muse said...

your hair looks amazing and I love the shape of your coat. I am so impressed that your mom took these! My mom would be like "what?!"

Jessie Swenson said...

Love your hair! <3

Witchcrafted Life said...

This is one of my very favourite colour pairings ever. There's something equally soothing and invigorating about grey and mustard yellow worn together. Thrown in dark denim as you have here, and I'm sold all the more. :)

Big hugs & many thanks for your terrific comment on yesterday's Italian honeymoon post.

♥ Jessica

Ali Hval said...

GASP! Katie, you match our kitchen! Yellows and greys, oh my! :) haha, and I absolutely love your hair. You always get it to curl to flawlessly... seriously, it's like a little hair pastry atop your head. Astounding.

Yay for moms taking pictures! She did pretty great indeed. I don't know what I'd do without a helper. I've gotta learn how to take them myself sooner or later, but until then...